A full time experienced legal secretary is sought by this law firm to work in their family department in Exeter.
The family department has a highly regarded childcare team and deals with a broad range of work including divorce, separation, children, domestic abuse, financial matters from relationship breakdowns. They are looking for an organised secretary with previous family or childcare experience who can manage a busy workload in a fast paced environment where you can use your own initiative. You will also assist with cover on the reception desk.
You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial and typing skills (both audio and copy typing) with good attention to detail;
- Manage a busy workload using own initiative;
- Demonstrate previous experience in the use of digital dictation and case management software;
- Manage fee earners’ diaries;
- Demonstrate good organisation skills;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities;
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department;
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft products (Outlook and Powerpoint);
- Previous legal secretarial experience is essential;
- Previous family law experience is preferable.
This is a permanent full time role and an excellent opportunity to be an integral member of the family department where you can thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere. The firm offer excellent salary and benefits.
- Address Exeter Devon, United Kingdom