£338/day Ltd – £440/day umbrella in scope of IR35
6 Months initial contract
Based in Milton Keynes
Our client is a well established Nationwide Rail company whose professionalism and well respected name have been instrumental in their success.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team based in Milton Keynes on Training and IT programmes of work. (interface and networks)
These Programmes are split into 2 areas, 1 is to look at the internal systems and processes used to support recordings and assurance of rail competences and the second is to look at supply chain activities.
What you will need:
* Recognised PM qualification
* Rail experience would be an advantage
* Previous experience of running L&D type programmes/projects
* Demonstrable experience of managing complex programmes.
* Relevant successful experience in project management
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Detailed knowledge of safety regulations (particularly CDM)
* Team leader capable of motivating the team
* Commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
* Accident Investigation experience
• Membership of the Association for Project Management or other professional body
• Six Sigma Yellow Belt
• A degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of investment processes and procedures
• Knowledge and understanding of project and contract management
* Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, company standards and other specific legislation including construction design management (CDM) Regulations.
* Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group, company standards and guidelines.
* Participate in the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
* Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
* Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios/projects.
* Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the post holder’s responsibility, including development of project safety plans and other associated documentation.
* Act as CDM Planning Supervisor as directed.
For a full job description and more information contact us confidentially now – Call Linda Davison on (phone number removed)
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to l i n d a . d a v i s o n
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service
- Address Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom