We are looking for an Permanent Electromechanical Engineer to join a worldwide manufacturer of inspection equipment.
Educated to at least degree level in Electromechanical/Mechatronics Engineering subject and have significant experience in an appropriate engineering environment (capital equipment, instrumentation, machinery, aerospace, etc.)
SolidWorks user capable of creating both 3D models and 2D technical drawings including Solidworks Electrical
Understanding of relevant CE machinery directive standards including 60204 and (phone number removed).
Good understanding of control panel components such as relays, circuit breakers, main isolators, transformers; understand the principals of using various electrical components from power source to the field device; able to read and interpret electrical drawings; understand the difference between single and 3 phase and 230/115/24 volt controls and various types of analogue signals.
Experience of bringing conceptual designs through into production.
Experience in working in an engineering and order processing role.
Experience using business systems to create accurate costed bills of materials.
Hands on approach, with good leadership and people/ influencing skills to get things done
Good communication and presentation skills, can interact well with both internal and external parties
Advanced at creating clear and concise written documents and reports
Experience and technical proficiency in software tools and technology, such as Auto CAD Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and ERP system.
Ability and willingness to transfer knowledge to team members and other members of the organisation.
To work with the engineering team to develop systems and processes to enable engineering team to continually improve accuracy and efficiency.
To process orders by creating accurate, cost effective and technically sound designs for machines, that meet the customer’s requirements and industry relevant safety standards. To work between the UK and Czech teams to identify and implement best practices from both teams.
· Knowledge transfer of latest Solid Works methods to improve team member efficiency
· Generate ideas and designs for product improvements
· Work as part of Project Teams to deliver R&D Projects
· Produce design concepts develop electrical/mechanical modules to support standardisation and reduced costs
· To participate in project teams and project development teams as appropriate
· Management of designs and improvements through the Product Change Note (PCN) process.
· Provide support for Production with trouble shooting during the testing of machines
· Development of initiatives to ensure continuous improvement regarding efficiency, quality and health & safety
· Preparation of information required to allow the manufacturing of components and assemblies.
· Works with the development team to ensure that external certification and necessary approvals are in place based on the delivery goals of the project
· Works to gain an in-depth understanding of customer and user interaction with products that can be fed into both development of products and continuous improvement program.
· Operates with a continuous improvement methodology, ensuring the appropriate processes, tools and techniques are developed and adopted
· Advocates ITW 80/20 and other toolbox standards / initiatives into everything we do.
· In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisor that are essentially related to their duties.
To explore this opportunity further email cv to Lee Evans at ppronline
- Address Farnborough Hampshire, United Kingdom